Grapefruit on the grill: a perfect hybrid of one of my favorite winter foods cooked in my favorite summer manner. My family has always been big on grapefruits. They offer the perfect amount of tartness and POP to any breakfast routine. My Grandma would “fix” my Grandpa a grapefruit every morning and place it readily at his breakfast table much to his delight.
This year – I’ve decided to jazz it up a bit. By adding a dash of honey and sea salt, you’ve got a lot of flavors melding together in your mouth. Plus, something about seeing grilled charcoal marks on a fresh grapefruit is very satisfying.
Grapefruit on the Grill
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe grapefruit
- Drizzle of your natural honey
- Coarse sea salt
What You’ll Do:
- Fire up your grill to high
- Split grapefruit in half and cut around sections/membranes with a small knife; this will allow you to easily scoop out the sections later
- Place each side of grapefruit face down on HOT grill; let sit for a few minutes or until you receive nice charcoal marks; remove
- Drizzle each half of grapefruit with dash of honey; finish with a sprinkle of salt