Mayonnaise really adds flavor to any lunch special and making your own is not only easy but tasty. To put this recipe together, I used inspiration from from nom nom paleo and Ben Greenfield. It’s paleo friendly. And stomach friendly.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of organic avocado oil (can also use olive oil)
What You’ll Do:
- Combine first three ingredients in a mix bowl, and whisk together
- Slowly add in avocado oil while you continue to whisk; this will help thicken your mixture*
- If you like a thicker consistency add ¼ tbs of yellow mustard
- Store in an air-tight container in your fridge (I only keep it for a few days, but technically should stay “fresh” until the egg expiration date)
* A great tip I learned from nom nom paleo: set the mixing bowl on a kitchen towel to prevent it from sliding around while you whisk.