Fresh tuna is easily one of my favorite proteins. Avocado is almost everyone’s favorite fat – helping to sustain energy and prevent hunger pains. Nothing screams “summer, here I come” quite like this delicious tuna avocado bowl. It’s fresh, easy and super light. Perfect to eat before hitting the beach.
Tuna Avocado Bowl
What You’ll Need:
- ½ pound of fresh, raw tuna
- 2 bulbs of diced shallot
- salt & pepper
What You’ll Do:
- Using a very sharp knife, cut tuna into ¼ inch cubes and place in mixing bowl Squeeze the juice of a full lime onto the tuna (the lime will act as the cooking agent)
- Dice up two bulbs of a shallot and add to tuna mixture
- Sprinkle S&P onto the tuna
- Cover mixture tightly with Saran wrap and allow to sit in fridge for at least an hour (occasionally stirring with a spatula)*
- After an hour or so, halve a ripe avocado and remove pit
- Scoop the marinated tuna into each avocado and you’re ready to serve!
When You’ll Eat:
This is great before a workout as it’s all protein and healthy fats. It’s also just a delicious, fresh and healthy dinner option.
*Note: The tuna will start to turn color as it “cooks”. For the tuna fans out there, scoop out more avocado before placing in the tuna mixture. This will allow you to fill the bowl with more protein.