With America’s birthday right around the corner, I have this mason jar of red, white & blue chia seed pudding right in my refrigerator.
Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays and best spent around a lake with friends and family (and a BBQ) nearby. But why wait for lunch or dinner to get the celebration in your mouth? How about cheering up your breakfast with some American flag love?
Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants and omega-3’s. Omega-3’s, which can also be found in salmon, help lower the risk of heart disease, help with joint-pain and also can help squash depression. What a great friend!! I love to include them in my smoothies, but enjoying them in mason-jar is equally as satisfying.
There’s just about a million ways to switch up this recipe – just google it – you can make it with milk, almond milk, water, etc. and sprinkle the mixture with just about any other ingredient you like. In this particular recipe, I’ve decided to pay homage to my country and add a bit of color: red (raspberries), blue (blueberries) and white (diced almonds). God. Bless. Chia Seeds.
Red, White & Blue Chia Seed Pudding
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 cup of water or almond milk (or whatever your preference is)
- Dash of honey (or another natural sweetener of your choice)
- Small handful of diced, plain almonds
- Small handful of raspberries, blueberries
What You’ll Do
- Mix chia seeds and liquid in mason jar (or another cup of your choice) and place in fridge for at least four hours (can also let it sit overnight if you have the time!)
- Once the chia seeds have expanded, the mixture has thickened, stir in honey and sprinkle on remaining ingredients (almonds, raspberries, blueberries)