Some days you just need carbs. Today, is one of those days.
BUT – because we’re still in the midst of bikini season, let’s try to ‘healthify’ our carbo-options. Sweet potatoes are tasty, starchy and a colorful addition to your summer plate. They’re super easy to cook – and are a great source of Vitamin A and Potassium. Topped with crispy pancetta chips – you’ve got the perfect, salty CRUNCH to your side dish.
Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Pancetta
What You’ll Need:
- 2 small/medium sized sweet potatoes
- Coconut Oil or Ghee
- Pancetta Chips
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Use fork to poke holes into potatoes (make sure you’ve properly washed/scrubbed them)
- Place potatoes directly on rack and bake until tender, 45 minutes (time will vary depending on size of potato)
- Carefully pull potatoes from oven and let cool slightly before handling
- Using a knife, cut a cross into the potato; add a dollop of ghee or coconut oil (which will make it slightly sweeter)
- Sprinkle crumbled Pancetta Chips over orange flesh