Looking to jazz up your Christmas cocktail, but not ready for the hard stuff? I’ve got the perfect savory drink for you – the Salty Saketini.
After a recent visit to Japan, I became close friends with rice wine… more commonly known as sake. My whole drinking life I thought I despised this wine simply because of the way I was drinking it. You see, sake is meant to be enjoyed in it’s most pure state… not dumped in a jug of beer!
I also learned that it’s best enjoyed cold, ice cold.
PLUS – there’s some good news when it comes to sake. When consumed in moderation, sake is said to help moisturize your skin, prevent high blood pressure and reduce the risk of cancer.
So roll-up your sleeves and break out that cocktail shaker. You’re ready for your next detox-retox cocktail.
Salty Saketini Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- Dry sake
What You’ll Do:
- Chill preferred glass in freezer for several minutes (don’t leave it in too long!)
- While it’s chilling, fill up 2/3 of cocktail shaker with ice
- Add ~4 oz of sake in shaker along with the juice of half a lime; shake
- Remove glass from freezer and dip rim in salt
- Pour shaken mixture in class, garnish with lime… and finish with a festive straw!