You’ve made it to Friday; you’ve made it to the holiday weekend; you’ve made it to your Fourth of July spritzer. This jazzed up drank has all the things I love – rosé, vodka, sparkling water, blueberries and ‘yonce’s watermelon.
It’s a great detox-retox drink because it incorporates a ton of hydration. The addition of the sparkling water is a no-brainer, but watermelon is also packed with h20 as well. So, once again, you’ll by hydrating while you’re dehydrating. What a perfect way to say “I LOVE YOU, AMERICA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”.
Fourth of July Spritzer
What You’ll Need:
- watermelon slice, cubed into 1 inch square
- small handful of bluberries
- 3-4 oz of vodka
- your favorite dry rosé
- sparkling water (I used La Croix’s Pamplemousse flavor)
What You’ll Do:
- After you’ve cubed your watermelon, place inside an air-tight container and cover with a few ounces of vodka. Seal/cover and set in fridge overnight.
- Remove the vodka-soaked watermelon and fill about 1/3 of your glass with the fruit. Add blueberries. Muddle together to get the juices/vodka at the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice and 2-3oz of rosé.
- Top off with sparkling water. Stir. Sip. Finish. Make another.