This cocktail hour is calling for a blueberry ginger vodka soda.
Let’s start with the classic vodka soda. It’s my go-to drink when I don’t want beer, wine or a terrible hangover. Yes, it’s low-calorie and offers some hydration while you dehydrate, but let’s face it, it’s boring. Lame. Brings nothing to the table. SO – let’s spice (and sweeten!) it up for this detox-retox recipe.
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, the antioxidants in blueberries help “neutralize harmful free radicals that can lead to cancer and other serious diseases.” They’re also packed with vitamin C – helping to fight off infection. Ginger is a natural aid to an upset stomach and great for beating that bloat. Put together, and you have quite the dynamic duo. Mix it with vodka and it’s party-time! Seriously, this drink deserves to wear a superhero cape.
Blueberry Ginger Vodka Soda
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz of vodka (again, I like Tito’s)
- six blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger
- juice of half a lime
- sparkling water & ice
What you’ll do:
- Muddle blueberries and ginger at bottom of glass (if you’re a normal human and don’t have a muddler lying around, here’s a trick: try a spoon! It will do the exact same thing.). Be sure to get the juices out of the root ‘n fruit.
- Add 2 oz of vodka
- Juice of half a lime and stir it all together.
- Add ice and top with La Croix (because it’s having a moment, people)