Ah – lunch. The second meal of the day – and often the most neglected. I get it, eating a healthy lunch is hard especially when you’re stuck behind a desk. The best way to get through it is to properly meal-prep. Yes, that means – cook ahead. But it doesn’t have to be so daunting! This shrimp and egg salad wrap is quick, easy to assemble and tastes just like you were enjoying a meal on a Santorini cliffside (minus the donkeys).
Both the boiled egg and shrimp add a light protein option that will keep you fueled for the rest of your workday. The wrap (which can be anything from butter lettuce to a cabbage leaf) is the perfect vessel to take that mixture into your mouth. What more could you ask for?
Shrimp and Egg Salad Wrap
What You’ll Need:
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 4-5 wild, cooked shrimp (de-veined and tails off)
- 2 leaves of butter lettuce (or your favorite leafy vegetable)
- 1/2 tbsp of paleo mayo (refer to my recipe here or try Prima Kitchen’s Paleo Mayo or Vegenaise from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 lemon
- Sprinkle of chopped dill (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Thinly dice the egg and place in small bowl
- Cut the shrimp pieces in half and add to bowl
- Add dash of mayo, squeeze of lemon, sprinkle of dill and pinch of S&P and stir
- Arrange mixture on lettuce leaves (make sure they’re washed!); VOILA!