Planks are the best way to strengthen you core. Side planks in particular are great for working your waistline. For an exercise you can do everyday – try a side foreman plank.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure your elbow is directly in line with your shoulder. Extend you legs out straight, lifting you hips, feet stacked on top of each other. Pull your abs in. Squeeze your butt. Raise your top arm (added challenge, extend it out long by your ear). Neck is neutral/comfortable (I prefer to look down).
- Find strength in stillness and hold your plank for 30 seconds.
- Next lower you hips down a few inches and then raise them up past the neutral point. Repeat 20 times.
- Come through center on both forearms and rotate to other arm to work opposite side. Repeat.
When You’ll Do It:
- 1 set = hold forearm side plank for 30 seconds; dip hips up/down 20x’s; Repeat.