Okay, it’s not quite Christmas… but let’s all agree, it might as well be. The second the first leaf hits the ground there’s a MAD rush to stock the shelves with everything Holiday. I’ve spotted toy santas at Target and turkeys at Trader Joe’s… and it’s not even Halloween! Sigh. Wait. Whoooo am I kidding? I LOVE IT ALL. AND that’s why I came up with this Christmas Frittata recipe.
Why the recipe’s holiday homage? Well, the first time I made it was on Christmas. AND… secondly, the recipe sort-of/kind-of has red/green theme going on with the ingredients. Catch my drift?
Besides all that – the frittata is just super delicious and nutritious. A perfect way to bang out a brunch while impressing your guests. PLUS starting your day off with eggs and veggies is one of the kindest things you can do for your body. In terms of processing protein efficiently, eggs are one of the best things for you. Adding them into your diet (every morning if you can!) is highly recommended.
What You’ll Need:
- ½ bag of spinach
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- One cup of chopped salami (it goes without saying, get the good stuff!)
- Eight eggs
What You’ll Do:
- Set the oven to broil (high)
- Over medium-high heat, sauté the onions until translucent in a cast-iron/oven-safe skillet
- Add salami and spinach until well-cooked together
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs
- Turn pan down to low-medium heat and add eggs; cook until eggs are almost set (about eight minutes)
- Remove pan from heat and place in oven under a high broil (this will help the top of the frittata crisp-up and brown