Everyone needs a simple green summer salad recipe on hand. Especially with the heat upon us.
Sometimes the idea of cooking seems WAY too daunting. You want something satisfying and fresh but does not necessarily require overheating by the oven. Salads are always a great option for summer, but I tend to steer away from recipes that require multiple ingredients and complicated dressings. Why add the fuss when it doesn’t enhance the taste?
There are only two basic ingredients in this salad: baby kale (which I find easier to digest than other kale options) and sugar snap peas (which add the perfect crunch!). Kale is known to be the Regina George of the vegetable world – offering topnotch nutrients such as potassium, fiber, Vitamin C and more. Sugar snap peas are tasty AF. And are a hell of fun to bite into.
This recipe is perfect by itself 0r perfect to pair with steak, salmon or whatever your favorite main dish may be.
Simple Green Summer Salad
What You’ll Need:
- Organic, washed baby kale
- Organic sugar snap peas
For the dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced/squeezed
- 2 tblsps cup of Olive Oil
What You’ll Do:
- Fill bowl with baby kale
- Cut or snap sugar snap peas (as many as you’d like!) in half and add to salad
- For the dressing, squeeze lemon juice into a small dish and whisk with olive oil; sprinkle in some S&P
- Pour small portion of dressing over salad (you’ll have some leftover depending on how big of a salad you’ve made!) and enjoy!