It’s no surprise that I jumped on the “green juice” bandwagon pretty darn fast. Hell, I’m basically the conductor! But purchasing this delightful green-aid on a daily basis quickly thins the wallet, so more often than not I make my own at home. My favorite, go-to green juice is tart, refreshing and really gets the organs going.
Go-To Green Juice
What You’ll Need:
- Handful of organic kale, de-ribbed/torn
- Handful of organic spinach
- 1 inch/knob of organic, ginger, peeled**
- 1 organic pink lady, cored
- 1/2 lemon, pithed/deseed
- 3 to 4 cups of water
- Ice (optional)
What You’ll Do:
- Put it all in a blender; BLEND
When You’ll Eat:
Really any time of day you can squeeze it in. It generally follows my hot lemon water in the morning. It’s also great as an afternoon snack.
- I have both a Vitamix and a Nutribullet. If I want a true juice texture, I generally let the froth separate from the liquid while sitting in the container for a few minutes, and then skim off the forth with a wooden spoon. It’s my “poor man’s” juicer trick. You can also fennel the juice through a strainer.
- If you want to make it more of a smoothie textured, add more ice and a banana. Of not, this will also play up the sweetness – the riper the banana, the sweeter it will be.