Still wheelin’. Still dealin’. I’m now pushing two-weeks past my thirtieth birthday… but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stop talking about it OR celebrating it. Hell – that’s what you do when you’re OLD AF! SO, once again… throwing it back to my recent birthday trip….
Upon arrival, I wanted to welcome guests with a pineapple drank. Why you ask? Well, for several reasons:
- Rumor has is that pineapples are the southern symbol for ‘welcome’ in SC
- According to the folks over at Mercola, pineapples are the “king of fruits” acting as a great source of vitamin c AND they provide “three-quarters of the manganese needed for one day in a single serving”
- They taste good!! I LIKE THEM
I served these welcome cocktails at the entryway so guests had something in their hand right away. (God forbid we socialize without a drink in our hand!). I then dressed up another bar within the house to play off the tropical theme. Ask anyone who knows me, I love a good theme. Cocktail napkins with palm trees? Done. Flamingo stickers and tags? Of course. Stripped and gold straws? Not even going to answer that one (because it’s a freakin’ YES.). You get the jist.
Pineapple Drank Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large container of pre-cut pineapple chunks (I don’t like to put a ton of elbow grease into my cocktails… so why not buy fresh, pre-cut when you can?)
- 2 to 3 oz sparkling rosé
- 1 pineapple juice (make sure it doesn’t have extra sugar added)
What You’ll Do:
- Arrange pineapple chunks in shallow bowl, cover with vodka and place in freezer (these will act as your ice cubes)
- After several hours, remove pineapples and place in tumbler glasses
- Fill glasses with sparkling rosé, top with a splash of pineapple juice
- Add straw (raspberries too, if you want a little more color!)… and get the party started!